Frequently Asked Questions

If you have questions about your apartment, this is a great place to see if we have answered those for you.

Divider Image

I paid my rent but received an email/letter about charges on my account. What’s going on?

The most likely reason is that not all the tenants have paid their rent. Speak with your roommates and make sure everyone is up-to-date on payments. If this is not the cause, contact the office. Remember to always keep an updated phone number and email on file with the office so that we may contact you.

My shower and/or sink keep getting clogged. What do I do?

A common cause for these clogs is a build up of hair in the drain. Make sure to clean away hair each time after using the shower or sink or use a drain cover.

How do I work the wall thermostat?

Depending on the season, set the thermostat to “heat” or “cool” and set the fan to “auto”. This tells the thermostat to automatically kick on when necessary. Choose the appropriate temperatures for each to turn on. Tenants are reminded that if they are leaving for long periods, they should set the thermostat to 62 to avoid pipes freezing. This may include spring break, holiday breaks, or other extended absences from the residence.

What is my security deposit used for and will I get it back?

Security deposits are used to cover the cost of extra cleaning or repairs the residence needs once a lease ends. It is not considered an additional rent payment. We will process and return the deposit to you by mail within 45 days once your lease ends. See the lease for complete details of the security deposit.

My dryer isn’t drying my laundry. What do I do?

Clean the lint trap. This should be done before every use because improperly cleaned lint traps can be dangerous. If problems continue, submit a maintenance request form.

Should I use a shower curtain?

Yes. Not using a shower curtain can lead to water damage like leaks and floods and will result in a charge to the tenant(s).

What do I do if my apartment is leaking?

To avoid being charged for damages, call maintenance immediately to report leaks.

If my light bulb burns out, do I have to change it?

Yes. Unless it would require a ladder to change the burned out light bulb, you are responsible for replacing it.

How do I know what maintenance services I will be charged for?

If the damage or issue is a result of tenant actions, it is likely you will be charged. For more maintenance details, refer to your lease.

Will I be charged for a returned check?

Yes. There is a $25 NSF fee for all returned checks.

Will I be charged for a clogged garbage disposal?

Yes. Most garbage disposal clogs are caused by improper use. Examples include disposing of glass, bones, excessive amounts of food, metal, etc.

How do . Iavoid getting bugs in my residence?

Keeping a clean residence will prevent most bug-related issues. If your apartment is clean of spills, garbage, messes, etc, considering purchasing insect spray or insect traps. These are very inexpensive and easy to find.

What do I do when I have a clogged toilet?

Try to plunge the clogged toilet. If this does not release the clog, try a few more times. If your toilet is/ starts overflowing, turn off the water and call maintenance. (Do this by using the valve at the base of the toilet.)